Business Development Representative
Smile.io is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to become an important member of our growing sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting into target accounts to drive meetings for our team of Rewards Specialists.
We currently power over 25,000 reward programs, including programs for industry giants like Topps & e.l.f. cosmetics. Until now, this scale was achieved primarily through marketing and inbound lead followup. To continue our revenue growth, we're scaling our BDR team to focus on creating prospects. You’ll be integral in helping us develop our playbook on outbound sales!
More specifically, you’ll:
- Prospect into target accounts through email, calling, video, and social channels
- Build prospecting techniques, processes, and content
- Achieve outreach & pipeline goals
- Walk executives through the product & business case for Smile.io
You are someone who:
- Has experience in a business development or outbound sales role
- Thoroughly enjoys learning
- Is comfortable with tension and having challenging conversations
- Pays attention to detail, which you should mention in your cover letter
- Has a history of hard work and achievement - tell us a story about your proudest moment!
- Is not afraid to give & receive open, honest feedback
- Is exceptionally curious
- Is a great written and oral communicator
It would be great if you had experience:
- Working with a CRM tool (we use Hubspot)
- Selling in a B2B environment
- Selling a SaaS product
- Communicating through email & phone calls in a B2B environment
- Working in a metrics-driven environment
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.