Strategic Partner Manager - West Coast
Smile.io is looking for a remote Strategic Partner Manager in the San Francisco or Los Angeles areas. In this role, you will be responsible for developing & managing our most important partner relationships.
Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses. Our goal is to help businesses grow sustainably by allowing them to reward people for the right action, with the right reward, at the right time.Responsibilities
- Develop & maintain relationships with the most strategic channel & technology partners within your territory - 60% agency partners and 40% technology partners
- Foster relationships through consistent onsite meetings and events with partners
- These partnerships will result in client referrals to Smile, co-marketing campaigns with partners, events with partners, and other go-to-market initiatives
- Maintain a quota of sales opportunities sourced from your partners
- Represent Smile at eCommerce events within your territory- at least once a month
- Maintain high communication with all internal stakeholders at Smile. Educate Smile employees about how our strategic partners can help our clients
You are someone who:
- Has experience in strategic business development, partnerships, or a sales role
- Is able to travel to visit territory partners on a weekly basis
- Is a self-starter who can create direction and clarity from ambiguous settings - you don’t always need someone to tell you what to do
- Has a self-disciplined approach to getting things done - you don’t need a supervisor with you at all times to accomplish your goals
- Can think strategically & creatively to produce a solution for multiple parties, each with differing goals
- Is excited about cultivating strong internal relationships with cross-functional teams
- Is hungry to learn and always looking for new ways to contribute
- Is able to understand technical concepts like APIs & SDKs
- Has a history of performance in a metrics-driven environment
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked with a CRM tool like HubSpot or Salesforce before
- Have operated in the eCommerce market in partnerships
- Have experience at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company
- Have experience thriving with remote work
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.