Intern - Product Designer
As an intern, you will gain more experience in 4 or 8 months at Smile.io than a full year in any big corporate environment. If you're up for the challenge, want to make a real impact, and receive competitive pay, we want you! So, what are you waiting for? Tell us what you're interested in & what term you're available for when you apply!
Our typical intern periods are January-April, May-August, September-December, but if you're looking for longer terms, let us know! Right now we're actively seeking candidates for May-August 2019!
You approach problems like a scientist and deliver beautiful solutions like an artist. You take inspiration from the best products in the world and strive to understand the intangibles that make an experience world class. You are excited by the idea of working on a small, collaborative team and being an integral part of shaping what design is at Smile.io.
- Develop storyboards, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Understand and become an expert in our industry, our culture, and our customer, and use that knowledge to create effective, impactful, and inspiring work.
- Partner with engineering and product to identify and address user needs for a wide variety of personas.
- Build new features and actually see them used within your coop term
We care more about what you’ve built in the past rather than the tools you have used. It’s a plus if you've worked with technologies in our design stack but it’s not a requirement - we’ll show you the ropes!
Our beloved design stack:
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- $75 per month to spend at any of our 25,000+ client shops online
- Ping-pong table, beer on tap & fresh espresso & coffee flowing
- Onsite gym
- Office dogs