Talent Sourcer - Coop or Internship
Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world. We’ve got big scaling plans in 2019 and beyond - we need amazing talent to achieve our goals and you get to be the one to find them and bring them to Smile!
As a part of Smile’s Recruitment team, you’ll contribute to and execute on a strategy to build a pipeline of talent. This role will be responsible for actively sourcing, screening, and engaging with top talent for a variety of roles at Smile with an initial emphasis in supporting our engineering teams. You’ll creatively leverage limited resources, including your own network, to reach the right candidates, then share your excitement for our culture and growth potential to positively engage them.
This role is perfect for a coop or internship of either 4 or 8 months! Please let us know your ideal term length in your cover letter.
- Build a pipeline of technical talent to add multiple new engineers per month
- Collaborate with the recruitment team to create proactive sourcing strategies to engage and nurture a pipeline of passive talent
- Find new and novel ways to reach passive talent (i.e. social media, events, new job boards)
- Deliver a fantastic first touchpoint with candidates
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Craft and send recruitment emails, reachouts, and direct messages to potential candidates
- Coordinate with the recruiter to deeply understand the objectives for building each team
- Support in the planning and delivery of recruitment events and initiatives (job fairs, community events, social media, ect.)
- Support the Recruitment team with interview scheduling and follow-ups
- Open, close and maintain roles and candidates within our ATS
What we’re seeking:
- A passion for helping people find the right opportunities, not just putting bums in seats
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent
- An analytical thinker who can use data and market insights to refine strategies and iterate for continuous improvement of the recruitment process
- A creative thinker who isn’t afraid to experiment with tactics
- A growth-minded individual who is thinking of a career in Human Resources and/or Recruitment
Traits or experience we’d love to see (you don’t need them all to apply!):
- An eye for detail and a tendency to quadruple check your work (you should mention this in your cover letter)
- Ambition & sense of urgency - you have goals & you can move fast to achieve them
- Self-motivation - you love learning on the fly (if you need step by step instructions to be comfortable, this is not the team for you!)
- Self-confidence without ego - strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.