Community Builder & Recruiter
If you love connecting people with opportunities, and you’re passionate about engaging with your community, this is the role for you. As Smile’s Community Builder & Recruiter, you’ll work on a strategy to engage our team with the local community, build a pipeline of both technical and non-technical talent, and build our brand as a local top employer.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute on an events strategy to build our brand in the KW Community
- Partner with local community organizations to engage our audience - Fluxible, Hackernest, technical meetups, etc.
- Focus on building an engineering pipeline for the future by connecting with technical talent at universities across Canada
- Deliver a fantastic candidate experience - it will be your responsibility to make interviewing at Smile.io truly rewarding for each and every individual
- Partner with hiring managers and teams to deeply understand their objectives and define recruiting strategies to address them
- Develop proactive sourcing strategies to engage and nurture a pipeline of passive talent
- Review resumes, cultivate referrals, and pre-screen candidates while moving the interview process forward in a timely manner
What we’re seeking:
- Passion for and past involvement in community groups in KW, at least some with a tech focus
- Relentless drive to find and connect with the best talent; disciplined strategy to source, engage, and nurture prospective candidates
- An analytical thinker who is skilled at using data and market insights to tell a story and drive a recruiting strategy
- Able to prioritize tasks/goals in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Some traits that’ll make you amazing in this role:
- You care deeply about contributing to a positive and inclusive culture in the workplace and in the community at large
- You’ve got a passion for how technology can help people and aren’t afraid to show off your technical skills
- You are detail-oriented and quadruple check your work (you should mention this in your cover letter)
- You're ambitious and you thrive in fast-paced environments
- You’re a self-starter who loves learning on the fly
- You’re confident in your communication skills, verbal and written
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
Smile.io creates beautiful, rewarding experiences. We are a product company first, engineering powerful, simple to use tools that enable global entrepreneurs to scale the businesses they are passionate about. Our focus is on merchants and their customers, delighting users with simple tools to make their shopping experiences wonderful.
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Curiosity - what can we learn today? We ask why a LOT, digging in to understand root causes so we know we’re solving the right problems.
- Feedback - nobody succeeds alone. We ask for feedback on everything we do; we give feedback even when we’re not asked for it. Together we become better.
- Success - We’re Here to Win. We need a high performing team to build a strong business. We’ll support each other in times of need and we’ll focus on the end goal & push hard for high performance in every area of the business.
- Setting Impossible Goals - we shoot for the moon & use here-to-there planning to get there.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.