Merchant Marketing Manager
Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for tens of thousands of businesses around the world. We’re celebrating years of continued revenue growth and we need you to help build strong merchant relationships to continue this result well into 2019 and beyond!
We are looking for an experienced and super passionate Merchant Marketing Manager to support our digital marketing team with radical customer insights, diligent application of persona based marketing, and a passion for putting the customer first in all omni-channel marketing activities. Just like how UX Designers advocate for the best user experience with a product, the Merchant Marketing Manager will be the advocate for each persona in all marketing-related campaigns.
If you have experience in digital marketing, content creation, marketing automation, and a passion for building and testing new client communications and strategies, we’d love to hear from you.
- Continually test and optimize messaging and communications across the entire customer journey map
- Work with the marketing team to fine tune or upgrade existing engagement initiatives and automation
- Analyze and report on all customer engagement activities
- Work in partnership with growth and marketing resources to communicate the right message at the right time to the right audience
- Find quick wins to increase engagement from our merchants across key channels
- Build and maintain our customer journey map: the digital guide to all customer touch points and how we communicate at each stage of the customer lifecycle
- Work with the Growth team to ensure goals are set appropriately and we are measuring success
- Work with our success team to ensure a cohesive brand voice is enabled from awareness to onboarding to success
- Work closely with our product team on product related announcements, features, and more
What You Need:
- A strong background in marketing automation, managing email service providers, and product communications
- A strong understanding of campaign-based marketing, product marketing, and customer-centric communications
- Ability to develop engaging client communications and campaigns
- Market and technology awareness to quickly adopt new & emerging tactics for success
- A keen eye for quality content and demonstrable experience in digital marketing (number of years not important)
- Ability to translate analytics and results into actionable insights
- Experience working with marketing data tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hubspot or similar
- Desire & ability to be constantly learning, as evidenced by past experiences you can tell us about
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.