Intern - Sales & Marketing
Please Note: We have now filled our Sales & Marketing Intern positions for the May-August 2018 term and will begin reviewing applications for the Fall 2018 term in May.
We're looking for ambitious all-stars to help us shape the future of commerce and have some fun along the way. Both the sales team & the marketing team are looking for interns who are keen to get their start in the tech industry & learn some new skills.
You will gain more experience in 4 or 8 months at Smile.io than a full year in any big corporate environment. If you're up for the challenge, want to make a real impact, and receive competitive pay, we want you! So, what are you waiting for? Tell us what you're interested in & what term you're available when you apply!
Our typical intern periods are January-April, May-August, September-December, but if you're looking for longer terms, let us know!
Sales: As a Rewards Specialist, you will be a part of our rapidly growing sales team. You will manage full sales cycles - from lead qualification, to providing product demonstrations, to actually closing deals! Your responsibilities are the exact same as a full-time sales rep, meaning you contribute directly to our revenue growth. No paper pushing interns here!
Marketing: As Rewards Marketing Specialist, you will work directly with our content creation & distribution team. You will be responsible for the creation of materials that drive website traffic, optimizing content to create leads, and aiding in the distribution of Smile.io material to the market. You'll own your projects and use analysis and critical thinking to assess what's working and how to improve it. If you've ever wondered how small teams can have such a big voice, you're about to find out.
You are someone who:
- Thoroughly enjoys learning
- Is comfortable with tension and having challenging conversations
- Pays attention to detail, which you should mention in your application
- Isn't afraid of a little hard work
- Not afraid to give & receive open, honest feedback
- Is exceptionally curious
- Is a great written and oral communicator
- Beverages on Tap.
- $75 ecommerce credit every month. Yes, free credit that you get to spend at any of the more than 15,000 stores that run Smile.io.
- Newly renovated office complete with standing desks, an espresso machine, video games, two beer kegs, and a ping pong table.
- Casual dress code. We'll even give you a t-shirt and a hoodie to get you started.
- A work hard, play hard atmosphere and a supportive team dedicated to making sure you get the most out of your co-op experience.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.