We are looking for a strong communicator with strategic vision to help craft the future of product marketing at Smile. We are continually evolving our product and need you to get our merchants excited, while also showing our internal team how to sell it.
As a product marketer you will craft the narrative around new feature releases, build customer communication, and be responsible for marketing efforts throughout the customer lifecycle.
If you are looking for a challenge, and want to help shape what product marketing is at Smile, this is the opportunity for you.
- Creating feature adoption in existing clients to ensure that they buy in and stick with Smile
- Provide the internal team with materials so they are ready and able to be the best advocates of our product
- Anticipate merchant questions and reactions with the end goal to reduce churn and negative reviews, and increase feature uptake
- Build unique positioning for the product in the market
- Create a unified marketing experience across merchant touchpoints so we have a consistent image and voice of our product
- Increase no-touch signups and reduce churn from our non-enterprise accounts
- Build strong narratives around new features and releases
- Arm our client facing teams with the language and know-how to sell and support each new release
- Build launch materials such as release posts, client emails, social strategy, and website changes
- Create technical documents to explain how to use new releases
- Monitor customer interactions across product touch-points
- Create campaigns for a variety of goals like encouraging upgrades or reducing churn
- Coordinate with product, engineering, and design for timely releases
- Passion for discovering how and why products succeed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker - you know how to set challenging goals & plan tactics to hit them
- Strong eye for detail (which you should mention in your cover letter)
- You have worked with designers and/or engineers to deliver on specs you wrote
- Demonstrated copy writing skills (link or attach your work)
- Team player/adaptability
Nice to haves:
- Experience with HubSpot
- Experience with Invision or Zeplin
- Experience marketing SaaS products
- Experience with Sketch or Photoshop
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
Smile.io creates beautiful, rewarding experiences. We are a product company first, engineering powerful, simple to use tools that enable global entrepreneurs to scale the businesses they are passionate about. Our focus is on merchants and their customers, delighting users with simple tools to make their shopping experiences wonderful.
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Curiosity - what can we learn today? We ask why a LOT, digging in to understand root causes so we know we’re solving the right problems.
- Feedback - nobody succeeds alone. We ask for feedback on everything we do; we give feedback even when we’re not asked for it. Together we become better.
- Success - We’re Here to Win. We need a high performing team to build a strong business. We’ll support each other in times of need and we’ll focus on the end goal & push hard for high performance in every area of the business.
- Setting Impossible Goals - we shoot for the moon & use here-to-there planning to get there.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.