About the Job
Smile is the largest provider of reward programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world.
We’re looking for a seasoned UX Researcher to help us better understand our users and translate that understanding into world-class rewards programs. Partnering with a diverse group of designers representing different disciplines and specialties, you’ll help shape our approach to gathering customer insights and using them to inform product decisions.
If you are excited about the prospect of building a qualitative research program in a fast-paced environment and motivated by having an impact on thousands of businesses around the world, we want to hear from you!
- Work closely with Product and Design teams by participating in project kickoffs, ideation sessions, and design reviews as Smile’s leading authority on qualitative research methods.
- Schedule and participate in frequent user testing and research sessions to validate the effectiveness of new features with real customers.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help inform product direction and improve the customer experience.
- Work closely with the Client Operations team to identify clients for use in testing, then build great relationships with those clients.
- Establish best practices and scalable processes to empower everyone at Smile to perform tactical research.
- Understand and become an expert in our industry, and our customer base. Use that knowledge to inform effective, impactful, and inspiring work.
- Scale yourself by building a qualitative research program using platforms and toolkits that will empower Smile to connect with our users.
- Educate the Smile team on when research is appropriate and how to include it in project planning.
What You Need
- 3+ years of UX research experience
- A MS/BS in a related field, like psychology, HCI, information sciences, or equivalent experience
- Experience at a fast-growing company showing us you understand the pace research needs to move at to stay ahead of the curve.
- An understanding of the ins and outs of different unmoderated testing tools (e.g., UserTesting, UserZoom) and eye-tracking.
- The ability to communicate results clearly with a focus on driving impact to both our technical & non-technical teams.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and presenting findings in a compelling way, to various types of audiences.
- Experience directing complex research projects - from unmoderated iterative testing to in-context interviews.
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few words about why Smile is interesting to you.
- A portfolio or case studies illustrating your qualitative research methodologies.
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.