If you’re passionate about creating a fantastic office environment for staff, this is the role for you. As Smile’s Office Coordinator, you’ll be the owner of the work environment, creating great experiences for employees, managing vendors and ensuring employees have all they need to be engaged and productive at work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all office-related vendors, including consumable suppliers, furniture manufacturers, Apple and more
- Plan and execute on employee events to build camaraderie - small things like potlucks to big events like the annual company wide conference
- Manage all branded swag - ordering, maintaining inventory and shipping as needed
- Implement and document office processes to make yourself and our team more efficient on day to day tasks
- Provide administrative and scheduling support to our Executives and leadership team on an as needed basis
- Partner with the HR team to execute on an events strategy to build our brand in the KW Community
What we’re seeking:
- Enthusiasm to proactively address in-office needs before people raise them
- Ability to walk the line between being helpful & accommodating without becoming a doormat
- Prioritization skills to manage tasks/goals in a challenging, fast-paced environment where urgent needs often crop up
- Willingness to work odd hours at times to manage events both in office and offsite
- Passion for and past involvement in community groups in KW would be a major plus
- Have a valid drivers license - access to a car is an asset
Some traits that’ll make you amazing in this role:
- You care deeply about contributing to a positive and inclusive culture in the workplace and in the community at large
- You are detail-oriented and quadruple check your work (you should mention this in your cover letter)
- You’re a self-starter who loves learning on the fly
- You’re confident in your communication skills, verbal and written
- You take pleasure in doing seemingly minor things that make someone’s day - whether it be grabbing milk for the office or organizing a potluck - no task is too small if it makes someone smile
What’s it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. You’ll be working with some amazing talent and you'll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where you’ll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. It’s not an easy process, but we think you’ll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, we’re driven by these core values:
- Be Humble - think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry - set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human - show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind - from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution - the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.